Now, I am no expert when it comes to nail art and there are probably a whole load of better posts, but I wanted to show you guys, that even the beginners can achieve a very festive fun nail look for the Christmas season. I don't actually own any nail art tools, so this is defiantly a craft job.
All I used to create this very festive look was a Bobbi Pin to create the white dots and for the reindeer eyes, I also used an old thin tipped eyeliner brush to draw on the smaller details such as the reindeer's antlers. In terms of shades, you will need a Red, White, Brown(which I forgot to photograph, I used Barry M Mushroom) and a Black polish. You may also want to keep some nail polish remover at hand in case of any mistakes. Now we know what we need, onto how to do this.
- Paint 4 of your nails red leaving your accent nail
- Go ahead and paint the remaining nail brown for the reindeers face.
- You may want to apply a second coat of each polish, once the first layer is dry.
- I started with the dots, I basically bent my bobbi pin and dipped it into the white and randomly dotted it around the nails. Big dots, small dots, just go crazy.
- Once all the dots are done, time to move onto the little reindeer. I started off with applying some red to edge of the nail. I used the brush from the polish for this.
- I then used my bobbi pin again to create some eyes.
- Next I took my eyeliner brush and drew a cross for each antler, to be honest mine are far from perfect, but no one can really see. Actually they kind of look like bushy eyebrows.
- Lastly to bring your reindeer to life, dot some black pupils in his eye and you have got yourself a fine set of Christmas nails.
So there you have it, like I said, I am no expert, but its Christmas and if you can't wear awesome nails this time of the year when can you.
Let me know if you create these. Tweet me a pic @laurenmariemua